Friday, April 15, 2011

No Sew Fabric Ideas: Fabric Cards

You know that I now have yards and yards (ha ha) of Joel Dewberry's amazing Aviary 2 fabric for sale in my Etsy shop. You can check it out by hitting the Yards and Yards link in the right sidebar. Just look at this beautiful fabric! Well, of course, I've have fun creating. I had a few scraps and decided to start on a little project. This is the first in a series of gift cards I'm making to give my mom for Mother's Day. They are a snap to make and really clean and classy. Here's what I did:
1. Design the card in Photoshop. These are all designed to be a 4.25x5.5 card.The bird was a really light gray when I printed it.
2. Next, I used and exacto knife to cut out the bird.
3. I opened the card and ran a tiny line of my glue tape around the bird open.
4. Next, I laid a small square of fabric over the opening.
5. Finally, I used my glue tape again to stick a 4X5.25 white paper on the inside of the card to cover the back of the fabric. Voila!
So, there you have it! Super easy, super fancy cards. Stay tuned for some fun birthday ones, as well. Enjoy!

PS. Linked up to some parties!


* WhipperBerry * Nifty Thrifty Things * Craft-O-Maniac * All Thingz Related * Running With Glitter

7 comments:

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

These cards are so cute!! Great idea of combing paper with fabric!
I would love for you to link up at my first linky party! :)
{nifty thrifty sunday}
xoxo,
Vanessa

Anna said...

Thanks Vanessa. I linked up to your fun party! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

both so sweet, love the birdie best. winks-jen

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Love it and I'd love for you to share on the Glitter Blog link Party!
http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/running-with-glitter-5-link-party.html

Marina said...

I love this idea!! Great job!!
Visiting from Justsewsassy.com

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} and making my first party such a great success! I would love if you stopped by tomorrow and share more of your cute projects! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Dana said...

Super cute Anna!