Monday, August 30, 2010

Sew In the Know Tuesday: Jenean Morrison's Wild World

Wooo Hooo! Jenean Morrison has a new line coming our with Free Spirit called Wild World. This is just beautiful. Can't wait to see more of this.

Check it out:



You can see it on her blog right HERE.

And here is what Jenean has to say about it all:

California Dreamin' has been my most successful line to date, so a part of me wanted to do something very similar -- you know, the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" mentality. But then I decided to challenge myself and branch out. This collection contains a mixture of organic florals and geometric prints. While I think my style is recognizable here, it is a departure from the last collection. California Dreamin' was completely computer generated and featured bold, bright colors. This time I wanted a nice combination of hand-drawn and computer-generated pieces. I experimented with brights, but the softer colors ended up working better and felt like they belonged in these designs.

My inspiration for this collection came from the modern movement of creative people living a nomadic, pared-down lifestyle, perhaps closer to nature, but still glamorous, colorful and artistic. Freedom and creativity are two words that best convey this theme for me. Some of the names for the prints are Wanderlust, Surf, Day Trip, On the Road, Flower Child and Departure. My husband came up with the name for the collection, and as soon as he suggested it I fell in love! We live in a "Wild World," full of diverse and fascinating people and places, and I believe this collection embraces and celebrates this.

The other thing that I thought about a lot while designing this collection was how far-reaching these fabrics are. They travel to places I'll never see and they connect me to people I may never meet (face-to-face, that is). I love being a part of and contributing to this wonderful creative world!

I hope you guys like this new line as much as I do. Look for the photos next week!


I am looking forward to next week's pictures!

No comments: