Monday, August 2, 2010

Inspire Me Monday: Sewing With Soap

I think as a person who sews, I tend to look for ideas and inspiration everywhere. I wanted to do a little feature where I take am object or picture that I like, and find wonderful fabrics that go with my inspiration pieces.

Today, the inspiration came from this ad at Bath and Body Works.

via Bath and Body Works

And here are the fabrics I found. I found them at Hawthorne Threads which has a fabulous tool for matching colors!

1. Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey
2. Early Bird by Cosmo Cricket
3. Aqua Dots by Michael Miller
4. Meadowsweet by Sandi Henderson
5. My Mind's Eye Summersong
6. Filigree by Pat Bravo
7. Meadowsweet by Sandi Henderson
8. Zanzabelle by Alexander Henry

I tried to stick with the bright, fruit-y feel. And there you go. Inspiration from soap!

2 comments:

NaptimeCraftMommy said...

Well isn't that just the coolest!?! And now I am also reminded that I need to buy more soap while it is on sale! (7 for $20!)

Anna said...

Excellent sale!